2024 Festival Event Facilitation Fund
Deadline for applications – Fri 26 Jan 24 / 5pm
Are you an independent event organiser or organisation planning on submitting an event or activity as a part of Frome Festival 2024? Thanks to the generous support of Frome Town Council, we are inviting prospective event organisers to apply for support from Frome Festival in order to deliver activities for free or up to £5 per participant as a part of the next programme (Friday 5th – Sunday 14th July 2024).
As the Frome Festival team plan for 2024, we are aware that the ongoing cost-of-living crisis will further limit access to the arts for many in our region. Despite the historic success of the Festival, we are aware that many do not engage with Festival events due to the cost of participation and we want to deliver new pathways for everyone to experience the ‘feel good factor’ of participating in their local community.
By supporting independent event organisers and helping them deliver accessibly priced activities, we aim to continue to provide opportunities for all to engage in Frome Festival’s programme.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are planning on organising an event, workshop or programme of activities as a part of Frome Festival 2024 (Friday 5th – Sunday 14th 2024)
- You are an individual or a part of a small-to-medium sized organisation (volunteer or professional)
- With the help of Frome Festival’s support, you would be able to deliver your event for free or up to £5 per participant
We are able to offer individual projects or performances up to a maximum of £200 funding to help ensure that Frome Festival maintains a core programme of accessible activity for all.
We are particularly interested in supporting events, workshops or programmes of activities that:
- Bring new activities or art forms to Frome Festival’s programme
- Engage young children, teenagers or hard-to-reach audiences
- Are designed accessibly to maximise engagement across demographics
- Friday 15th December 2023 – Event Facilitation Fund applications opens
- Friday 26th January 2024 / 5pm – Event Facilitation Fund applications closes
- February 2024 – Funding decisions
- Friday 1st March 2024 – All funded event information finalised for Festival programme
- April / May 2024 (TBC) – Frome Festival 2024 programme inc. funded events to be publicised
- Friday 5th – Sunday 14th July 2024 – Frome Festival 2024
- Post-Festival – Funding distributed and evaluation collected
How to apply
In order to apply for the funding, please send an email to email@example.com including the following information:
- Name of the project / organisation / proposed activity
- Date / Venue – have you got a confirmed time and place for this activity? You do not need to have a venue confirmed to apply for this fund – if your idea is strong, we can work with you to find the right space for it
- Details about the activity – what are you planning on running? What experience do you and your organisation (if relevant) have in running this kind of activity?
- Audience – who would you want to engage in your activity?
- Full project budget – we need to see how our support will help you to deliver your activity at an accessible price for audiences
- Any other supporting information – pictures, videos or feedback from similar projects you’ve previously delivered (if available and relevant)
Funding decisions will be made by the Festival team, led by Frome Festival’s Director. Decisions will be made based on the breadth of potential engagement and programmatic balance alongside other funded and non-funded activity already planned for the Frome Festival 2024 programme.