Frome Festival Online Quiz Announced: 30th June 7.30-8.30pm @FromeFestival, @visitfrome, @FromeWriters, @FromeOpenStudio, @FromeCouncil, @FromeTown, @PubQuiz
June 25, 2020 - Martin
It’s that time of year when we would normally be making last minute preparations for the Festival; making sure that we’ve got tickets for events we really want to go to, circled all of the free events of interest, planned a route round the Open Art Trail and the Hidden Gardens, perhaps invited friends or family to stay.
This year unfortunately we won’t be able celebrate the Arts and our wonderful community in Frome, during Festival week. We have however looked at whether there are any events which we could organise to lift your spirits during this difficult time.
Our first event will be a Festival Quiz on Facebook on Tuesday 30th June from 7.30-8.30pm.
This will be a free of charge, online quiz night with optional donation to raise money for ongoing Festival costs at this challenging time, as we plan next year’s Festival. Please note, this quiz is suitable for anyone to join in with, wherever in the world you may be. The questions will not be Frome Festival specific so please join us from whatever corner of the globe you are in.
If you’ve never done a Facebook Quiz before, here are some instructions:
- It will be done via Facebook Live. This will appear on our main Frome Festival Facebook page. Obviously there may be technical ‘glitches’ as with any live broadcasting…but it’s free, you’ve got nothing to lose…and hopefully the internet will be working for us all that night!
- You can form a team with other people – if they are not in the same household as you, then you can link up via Zoom, FaceTime or whatever platform you fancy using. There is no limit to team numbers as we can’t ‘police’ you but we suggest up to 6 people.
- Our Quizmaster has already prepared some great questions for you on a variety of subjects & will read these out. Questions are not Frome or Frome Festival specific so are suitable for non-Frome residents!
- You will need a pen/pencil & paper…and a drink, of course! Nibbles or a full three course meal are optional.
- You will be responsible for marking your own scores. Obviously cheating is entirely possible but we trust you not to!
There are no prizes other than the glory of winning.
- There is no charge for taking part but we would really appreciate any donations towards Festival funds to help us during this difficult time.
- If you would like to make a donation to the Festival please click on donate button below: