The Frome Festival are delighted to invite all Frome Festival event organisers, including independent promoters, community groups and local organisations, to submit events to be a part of Frome Festival’s 2023 programme. The festival artwork this year, by festival illustrator Sholto Walker, is a celebration of Frome’s wonderful churches, who take part in the Festival every year.
As you are probably aware, the Frome Festival is a celebration of arts, culture and our community across a broad 10-day programme of activities. A large number of events every year are coordinated by local event organisers, using the Festival platform to perform to large local audiences, as well as promoting their activities. Community events are at the core of our programme, increasing the engagement of local residents as performers, participants and audience members.
Organising your event as a part of Frome Festival means you can benefit from the Festival’s broad marketing reach and join a celebration of our local area that brings over 12,000 engagements across a 10-day festival.
At the beginning of planning your event for the Festival, please consider:
- Is your event taking place between Friday 7th – Sunday 16th July 2023?
- Have you discussed your event with the Frome Festival team?
- Have you confirmed your event time and date with all artists, workshop leaders and members of your community group performing or delivering your event?
- Have you confirmed your event venue?
- Do you know how much you would like people to pay to attend your event?
- Do you know how you will staff your event?
- If your event is designed for children, have you considered how to ensure the safety of all participants?
If you’ve answered “Yes!” to all these questions, please carefully read the information and instructions on the Frome Festival website before you submit your event for the Frome Festival’s 2023 programme. The deadline is the 1st March. If you have any questions, please contact the Frome Festival team at firstname.lastname@example.org