A week ago, the organisers of the Frome Festival had decided that we would defer making a decision on whether the Festival should go ahead this year in the light of the Coronavirus outbreak.
It is now clear that we will not be able to proceed with the 2020 Frome Festival in July.
Moving the Festival into another slot in the year would be speculative and involve complete re-programming.
In consultation with the Frome Festival Trustees, we intend holding our 20th Anniversary Festival from Friday 2nd to Sunday 11th July, 2021.
We are making efforts to re-engage the performers already booked for this year into the same outline schedule, and are happy for all our contributors to follow suit, effectively moving the same Festival on to 2021 as much as is possible.
Brochure advertising will be entitled to a refund. We are also presenting the option of our retaining the payment for next year’s Festival, if preferred. Please let us know.
For brochure submissions we will start processing refunds to event organisers who paid through the submission form, via our Stripe payment system. If you have paid via BACS please email us your bank account details for a BACS refund. We have many people to contact and are working from home, therefore please allow up to two weeks.
We continue to receive e mails at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us time to deal with all the cancellations and look out for further messages.
Good luck to all our friends, supporters and contributors. We hope to get on with the 20th Frome Festival for 2021 as soon as possible.